NATIONAL THREATENED SPECIES DAY 2019
WHERE: Old Beaumaris Zoo, Queen’s Domain, Hobart
WHEN: Saturday, September 7, 2019. Gates open 9.30am. Gates close 2.00pm
Talks about work being done to save Tasmanian wildlife starting at 10.00am by:
- Dr Clare Hawkins – Wedge Tailed Eagles.
- Professor Greg Woods of UTAS -Tasmanian Devils.
- Dr Dejan Stojanovic-Swift Parrot and Orange-bellied Parrot.
- Gareth Linnard- UK Archivist -Tasmanian Tiger and its demise.
Information stalls from
- Friends of the Orange-bellied Parrot including displays, information and items for fundraising.
- Friends of Maatsuyker Island who will be featuring the use of the Fulcrum app for field data collection
Fun activities and face painting for children by Parks and Wildlife Service Discovery Ranger, Hannah.
Blind auction of original artworks and a one-day guided experience to Melaleuca donated by Friends of the OBP supporters.
Bring something to sit on, e.g. a blanket or folding chair, and some morning tea. No food or drink will be available at the site.
This event is free to the public. As it is also a fundraiser, there will be opportunities to donate.
All funds raised on the day will be collected by the Friends of the Orange-bellied Parrot Branch of Wildcare.
Please note: This event is 100% weather dependent.
For more information please contact: Mark Holdsworth on 0419 120 298 or firstname.lastname@example.org