2016 AGM Friends of Bruny Island Quarantine Station
Please find details below of our upcoming AGM, we hope you and your friends can attend to see the exciting new developments and participate in our forward planning / activities.
Agenda for the Annual General Meeting 2016
Friends of Bruny Island Quarantine Station (FOBIQS) Saturday 19th March
Meeting to commence with tea/coffee at 10.00 am at the Quarantine Station
- Welcome by President Kathy Duncombe
- Apologies –
- Minutes of AGM 2016 – the Minutes are attached to this notice of meeting.
- Matters arising from the Minutes –
- Presentation of Annual Report – President Kathy Duncombe to give Annual Report
- Adoption of Annual Report
- Presentation of Accounts – a report on financial matters prepared by Richard Moyer
- Adoption of Accounts
- Election of Office bearers – President Kathy Duncombe to vacate the chair. President, Secretary, Treasurer, Publicity and two general Committee members.
After the meeting there will be an opportunity to discuss priorities for the year ahead and participate in a working bee. Sausage sizzle will be provided for lunch.
Record of meeting March 11th 2015
Prior to the commencement of the meeting attendees enjoyed tea/coffee followed by a walk to the gravesite to inspect the work recently undertaken by current caretaker Craig Searle. Members were most impressed with the progress of removal of posts and preparation for the installation of new ones.
Meeting commenced at 11.45 with a welcome by President Kathy Duncombe
Apologies – Bernard Edwards, Helen and Mick Statham, David Boyer, Margaret Shackcloth, Richard Moyer.
Present – Ken Wright, Anne Thwaites, Wendy Bowman, Kathy and Mike Duncombe, Jenny Boyer, Colin Richardson, Craig and Debbie Searle, Paul Shelley, Rob Banfield, Ron Fehlberg, Scott Thornton and Peter Williams.
- Minutes of AGM 2014 – the Minutes had been circulated with Notice of Meeting and were taken are read. Moved Scott Thornton that is be resolved to accept the minutes as accurate – carried.
- Matters arising from the Minutes – nil
- Presentation of Annual Report – President Kathy Duncombe gave her Annual Report – Attachment 1.
- Adoption of Annual Report – moved Jenny Boyer, seconded Scott Thornton that the report be adopted. Carried unanimously.
- Presentation of Accounts – a report on financial matters prepared by Richard Moyer presented to the meeting. See Attachment 2.
- Adoption of Accounts – Moved Peter Williams, seconded Paul Shelley that the report be accepted. Carried by acclamation.
- Election of Office bearers – President Kathy Duncombe vacated the chair and Scott Thornton assumed the chair to conduct the election of Office Bearers
- President – Kathy Duncombe nominated by Peter Williams, seconded by Paul Shelley. There being no other nominations Kathy Duncombe declared elected.
- Secretary – Peter Williams nominated by Mike Duncombe, seconded by Scott Thornton. There being no other nominations Peter Williams declared elected.
- Treasurer – Richard Moyer nominated by Paul Shelley, seconded by Scott Thornton. There being no other nominations Richard Moyer declared elected.
- Publicity – Rob Banfield nominated by Peter Williams, seconded by Kathy Duncombe. There being no other nominations Rob Banfield declared elected.
- Two additional general committee members. Paul Shelley and Jenny Boyer nominated by Kathy Duncombe seconded by Peter Williams. There being no other nominations both Paul Shelley and Jenny Boyer declared elected.
- Meeting closed at 12.15
- Post the meeting there was discussion on the detail of the interpretation panels that are to be installed on the windows of the headhouse.