Deal Island traveling display goes north to Devonport
Our traveling display features four pull up banners covering the Deal Island lighthouse, the first light keeper, Charles Baudinet, who began his stint in 1848, the last keeper Stan Grey finished in 1992. It also covers the work being done by Friends Of Deal Island, and our efforts to raise funds for repair of the lighthouse lantern room. The display spent 6 months in the Tasmanian Maritime Museum in Hobart, and is now moving to the Bass Strait Maritime Centre in Devonport. The Centre has some great displays about the maritime history of Bass Strait – well worth a visit.