The Minister for the Arts has approved a grant of $9,217 to Friends of Melaleuca, Wildcare Inc, for assistance towards design and printing of interpretation panels for the Deny King Heritage Museum at Melaleuca and travel costs, plus 8 days Roving Curator time.

Wildcare Co-chairs Sally and Andrew have signed the deeds for the grant and the roving curator time, and we are in the process of raising an invoice to Arts Tas and getting the signed deeds back to Arts Tasmania.
The grant period is from 1/1/2016 to 31/12/2016, and we are expected to complete the work in that time-frame. We will be paid 90% of the grant money to start with, and the remaining 10% on satisfactory acquittal of the project. The 8 days Roving curator time will be very helpful as well.

To see a list of other successful applicants go to:

More information about the grant round and recipients’ responsibilities can be found at

2016 will be a year of developing display panels!

Best regards
(President, Friends of Melaleuca, Wildcare Inc.)