Welcome to the Wildcare Presidents’/Leaders’ page.
This page contains files, videos and information to support you in your role as a Wildcare Group leader.
Wildcare Group Leadership and culture
- Working with Wildcare V2.0 August 2020
- Wildcare Code of Conduct
- VIDEO – Welcome to Wildcare group leadership
Health and Safety
If your project is managed under a Volunteer Program Plan within the DPIPWE Volunteer Framework or is part of a project on land managed by another organisation, then it is that organisation who is the PCBU and Wildcare members must ensure they adhere to the organisations’ safety management systems, including any volunteer sign-up processes.
The Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environment, ensure appropriate risk management procedures and safe practices are in place when volunteers participate in DPIPWE authorised activities. Whenever our members are engaged by the PWS, through a Volunteer Program Plan or Ranger Assist Program, those WILDCARE Tasmania members are volunteering for DPIPWE. Learn more about volunteering at DPIPWE here.
The forms below are to be used when Wildcare Tasmania groups and members are undertaking projects that are not managed under a Volunteer Program Plan within the DPIPWE Volunteer Framework or are not part of a volunteer project on land managed by other organisations, including other state or local government departments. In those circumstances, members are volunteering for Wildcare Tasmania, and operating in a Wildcare “workplace” (where Wildcare is the ‘person conducting a business or undertaking’ (PCBU) and thus has the primary duty of care.
We are in the process of updating these forms.
- COVID-19 Safety plan template
Group finances, fundraising, grants
- VIDEO – Wildcare Grants
- VIDEO – Wildcare Finances
- Tasmanian Nature Conservation Fund Prospectus
- V2.0 TNCF GRANT GUIDELINES
- V4.0 TNCF APPLICATION FORM
- V1.0 TNCF GRANT ACQUITTAL FORM
- Guide to Fundraising (Tas)
- Wildcare Shop – Product Assessment Guidelines
- Wildcare Branch Assets Register
- Wildcare Gift Register – March 2020
- Taxation Treatment of Contributions to Wildcare 2019
- Travel Allowances Policy and Form V1 – Feb 2020
Communication – Wildcare website, social media, media messaging
- Wildcare Presidents Web Manual V6.7
- VIDEO – Welcome to the Wildcare website
- Wildcare Leaders’ facebook group
- Advice to Groups with social media pages
- Wildcare media guide-lines
- Wildcare Logo Style Sheet 2019
- Photo Policy and Release Form – Feb 2020
Wildcare website instructional videos
- Website System Overview
- Using the Media Library
- Maintaining a Branch Page
- Creating a News Item (Part 1)
- Creating a News Item (Part 2)
Governance and Insurance
(includes information relevant for external grant applications)
- Wildcare Insurance Guide
- Governance Documents and Insurance Certificates can be found under the Files tab on this page.
Privacy and cyber security
Volunteering Tasmania is working with Wildcare to support your leadership journey. Click the red button below to discover a range of resources on volunteering that they have available.