Cradle Valley Working Bee – Week 3 (27 Nov – 1 Dec)
This week is part of the annual week-long working bee program at Cradle Valley.
(A) Lake Rodway Track Pruning
This requires that participants carry their personal gear and work tools to the Scott-Kilvert Hut for several days.
(B) Other Activities
All of the following are possible (weather-dependent) activities:
- Twisted Lakes Track pruning
- Revegetation of the airstrip – planting in front of the new hangar
- Erecting snow poles on the Dove Canyon Track (remaining half of track)
- Stair treads on the lower Pencil Pine Falls Track
- Cubicles and roof of the Dove Lake toilets
- Staff accommodation building NP54
- Ongoing wombat afternoon monitoring at Ronny Creek and near Peppers Lodge
- Monitoring wombat burrows recorded in previous Wildcare working bee using the Fulcrum app on a tablet
- Yackandandah Hut restoration (for those interested in heritage restoration work)
- Retaping the Pencil Pine Track
Accommodation is provided in Waldheim cabins.
For both activity groups (A & B) if you're unable to come for the full week we'd love to have you for a day or two instead.
For further information contact Glen Hayhurst: firstname.lastname@example.org