New Signage and Displays

The new “Headhouse” Interpretation Centre is nearing completion and open to visitors. Friends of The Quarantine Station and Caretakers have worked tirelessly on new displays, opening of one of the original hothouses, building new toilets and outside relaxation areas for visitors, installing an innovative plumbing and water reticulation system to service existing buildings and assist with fire prevention, upgrading lighting and power and revitalising the interpretation of the historic 1884 cleansing room.

Recently an original diesel Lidster stationary engine was test run to show how it could pump high volume water to assist fire control. FOBIQS thank Richard Moyer for his careful restoration of the engine.

New signage has recently been installed after extensive planning and consultation. Jenny, David and Richard Boyer were thanked for their tireless work on high quality signage that explains current and historic aspects of the site.

 

Photos below: Partial view of the interior of new Interpretation Centre, Richard and Craig test running the historic Lidster pump motor, Recycled period bricks form a new retaining wall, New  Quarantine Station signage at the “Headhouse”.

 

A headhouse 1 A lister run 2016 A brick wall A sign