About the Program
WILDSC’OOL is a conservation partnership program designed to engage volunteers, schools and landowners in partnerships for practical conservation and learning. WILDCARE Inc will provide trained volunteers to support the program, working with schools in classrooms and in school grounds, and with landowners to coordinate practical conservation projects undertaken by students.
There are three components to the program:
- WILDSC’OOLEE – Partnership between volunteer and school – Environmental education in the classroom
- LEARNSCAPE – Partnership between volunteer and school – Practical activities in school ground planting and habitat creation
- EARTH PARTNERS – Partnership between the school and a reserve managed by the Parks and Wildlife service – practical conservation activity on land managed for conservation.
Who will benefit?
This program is about raising understanding AND undertaking practical on-ground conservation activity.
- the environment will benefit as a result of cooperative actions by schools, volunteers and land managers
- Volunteers will benefit from training in environmental education,
- Students will benefit from greater understanding, increased practical skills and stronger connection to land and community,
- Schools will benefit from the assistance provided by WILDCARE Inc volunteers and through environment and education appropriate development of school grounds,
- Reserve managers will benefit from on-ground assistance with conservation works and
- Communities will benefit from stronger social bonds, networks and relationships between citizens.
Donations to the WILDSC’OOL program, made by individuals and corporations will support a range of environmental education activities undertaken by schools, Parks and Wildlife Service and WILDCARE Inc volunteers and educational publications to support environmental education.
Donations made by individuals and corporations to this program are tax deductible.
Click the image below to make your donation.